Oyámie Kali Ma’at is a trauma-informed Somatic Dance Facilitator, Embodiment Coach, Spiritual Yoga Teacher and a Movement Artist. She believes the wisdom of the body can lead to profound discoveries.
Born and raised in West Africa, Oyámie Kali Ma’at spent most of her childhood in community gatherings of musicians, drummers, dancers, and storytellers. Listening and Dancing to music became a foundation for her life. She remembers always feeling happy when she danced and moved, which became central to her personal growth and healing.
A childhood trauma survivor. In her search for healing, she was called towards mindfulness practices. Since 2015, she has dedicated herself to practicing yoga, meditation, breath-work, attuning, and looking to nature for guidance. Through her own exploration she began incorporating Dance and Movement for emotional alchemy. What she cannot express in words, she finds expression through dance and movement, revealing and healing anything.
Her teachings are a direct result of her own journey and lived experience. Through developing mind-body awareness, studying somatic psychotherapy and embodied healing, Oyámie offers coaching and psycho-spiritual guidance to individuals dealing with shame, anxiety, low self-esteem, guilt, anger, addiction, and in life transition. Her primary areas of focus are adult survivors of childhood abuse, neglect, abandonment, and victims of gender violence.
Oyámie helps you to drop into your body to release, express, connect, and to ease your mind. Her process enables you to feel the change from the very beginning. She is committed to a lifelong path of learning and understanding the divine nature of healing, creativity, and the human spirit.
- Inner Relationship Focusing with Ann Weiser Cornell
- Somatic Stress Release with Dr. Scott Lyons
- Dharma of Trauma Level 1 Training with Manuela Mischke-Reeds
- Intro to The Resilience Toolkit with Lumos Transforms
- Reclaiming Pleasure: Embodied Joy in Trauma Recovery and Social Change
with Kai Cheng Thom
- Body Mapping with Tamalpa Institute
- Dynamic Embodiment Movement with Martha Eddy
- Somatic Dance for Emotional Alchemy with Bernadette Pleasant
- Anatomy of Emotion with Janet Stone Yoga
- Polyvagal in Therapeutic Yoga with Dr. Arielle Schwatz
- The Living, Healing traditions of Yoga Therapy with Gary Kraftsow